Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Theme Day: My favorite part of town

Red Square is definitely my favorite part of Moscow. You see, I'm an American girl living here teaching English. To me, it's really special, as it was the first major landmark in Moscow I saw. I still remember walking through the gates and seeing the beautiful onion domes of Saint Basil's Cathedral  for the first time. I love coming here and just wandering around, staring at centuries of history. Needless to say, almost 1.5 years later, the novelty still hasn't worn off!
~~~~~~~
Now, for a little tour - on the right side, you can see part of the Kremlin wall and the Spasskaya Tower with it's iconic clock. At the end, there's the beautiful Saint Basil's Cathedral. On the left side, not very visible in this picture, there's the big shopping mall GUM, all lit up at night. Currently, there's also an ice skating rink which I absolutely love skating on! At the other end, there's the State History Museum in the center, and more of the Kremlin off to the left. The right side shows more of the ice skating rink.
Hope you enjoyed the tour!

posted by Ashira

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails