Church of Saint Vlasiya in the Old Konyushenaya Suburb
This church has a long history of changes and transformations. The first record of a church standing in this location was in 1625, it was a wooden church then. In 1644, a stone church was built, and it was then rebuilt a few more times throughout the 17th and 18th centuries. In 1921, an annex was added onto the building. By 1939, the church was closed, and turned into a workshop. Over the next few decades, the church evolved into nothing but a dilapidated old house. In 1976, the workshop was closed, and restoration began on the church once again. By 1991, the church had been returned, and services resumed in 1997.
Posted by Ashira.