Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

Saturday 7 May 2011

Tverskaya Street

Just your average day, artillery rolling down one of Moscow's busiest streets, headed towards Red Square... Nah, not really! Tverskaya Street was closed to all traffic but these large and loud military vehicles as they rehearsed for the upcoming Victory Day parade on May 9. I have no interest in weapons or tanks, but I have to admit that being so close to them was pretty cool! I watched the parade last year, but I was able to get much closer during rehearsals. Also, they had some of them parked in the side streets, and you could get so close that you could almost touch them! I really want to know what the tourists who caught sight of this thought... Imagine coming to Moscow with no knowledge of the upcoming holiday, and seeing tanks heading towards the Kremlin! 
posted by Ashira

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails