Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

Monday 13 June 2011

My Favorite Monastery


I'm posting this today because it's my last day of living in Moscow - I'm going back home to America tomorrow! I'll still be posting on here, as I have so much of this beautiful city I want to share with all of you. Even though my time living here is over, I still love Moscow. I spent a bit more than 1.5 years here, and I have to say that overall, it's been a really wonderful time. I learned the language, experienced Russian life, and saw/photographed so many amazing places. I'll return to Russia sometime, that's for sure!

This is the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery - one of my favorite places in Moscow, and definitely my favorite monastery. I would always come here to enjoy the peace and quiet, or if I was lucky, the church bells ringing! There are also 6 or 7 resident kitties wandering around, one of them even jumped up and sat in my lap once! Anytime I wanted to just relax and write in my journal, I would come here. It's right in the center, so it's very convenient.
I'm actually going there this afternoon one last time :)

posted by Ashira

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails