Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

Friday 9 December 2011

City of Contrasts


When I was a school girl and learned English, we had several topics to study in our English class. "London - city of contrasts" and "New York - city of contrasts" were among them. They were about rich cities where poor proletariat was suffering and struggling for the lives and piece of bread in luxury world of bourgeoisie.

I thought about my school time yesterday, when I took an excursion to GUM, our oldest and most famous shopping mall, located on the other side of Red square from Kremlin.

And then I saw it, in the middle of GUM passage. The Christmas tree decorated with the winter bird house made of milk carton from 70-ties (then it was the only milk opportunity we had in the shops) - in front of the luxury shop glass window. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails