Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

Friday 26 August 2011

Poetry Around


Today I was walking to the meeting in Moscow-City skyscrapers. The important negotiations were waiting for me ahead and I felt a bit nervous. Then I say this lines on the building under construction and realized the words could be some sort of sign to me.


IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

Rudryad Kipling, fragment from "If"

As usual, internet has all answers. These lines were ordered for placement by S.Polonsky, the owner of the Moscow-City and "Mirax Group" company. It was one of the biggest construction companies before crisis hit in 2008. This spring Polonsky announced that the company was closed and he was no more considered as businessman. However he promised to fulfil his obligations and to pay his debts.
The placement of these lines, according to Mr. Polonsky, shows the present position of the company...(I took info here)

Posted by Irina.

PS. Ashira, my co-blogger, does not post here for three weeks. I write to Ashira to ask about her plans on "Moscow Daily Photo" project. I get no answer, but I hope that she is fine and someday will join me here with her "Memories about Moscow" photo-posts. Meanwhile I plan to keep blogging, but I am sorry if my posts do not happen on daily basis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails