Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

Friday 6 January 2012

Dostoevsky in the City


The monument to Dostoevsky near "Leninka" (to the right) the largest library in the country.
Christmas tree will be here till mid January, when we celebrate New Year on 14th January (Russian old calendar).
Not much snow here and temperature dances around zero.

When preparing this post, I read that this monument was ordered by Russian nouveau-riche as his country house decoration(!). But the customer did not like the design and presented the monument to the city. And it was decided to place Fedor Michailovich near the library.

In December I went to Georgia, my father's birthplace. Here, in my other blog, I posted several photos and few facts about the country. Maybe the post will be interesting for you.

And Merry Christmas to Orthodox Christians today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails